VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm a new user and I'm having some troubles with my car. I'm in a 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg edition. I realize it's not a diesel, but these forums are incredibly useful for other cars, and there is also a 2005 Passat TDI in the family.

I bought a GIAC reflashed ECU for my car, and the immobilizer is keeping me from using it. I don't have access to the original key to get the chip from, as I bought it used from someone on vwvortex. My car currently runs fine, I just don't know how to get the SKC and things like that so I can turn off the immobilizer with the used ECU I bought. I have vagcom software and cable, but I don't have the info I need to access either of my ECU's, both the stock and the reflashed one.

The dealer didn't know anything about it and wanted to charge $300 just to look at it. That dog won't hunt.
I need some help.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yeah, $300 is a rip off just to look at it.

Which car is the ECU for? If the 2001, it has immo2, if the 2005 TDI it has immo3. Look through the FAQ section and procedures on more about these differences. You can't turn it off but you can get it to work as intended, since it sounds like the ECU doesn't come with the immobilizer writteen out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it is immo 2 there is a procedure in vag-com that allows easy ecu swapping. If it is immo 3 both the instrument cluster and ECU have the same SKC that they compare. You will then need to know the SKC for both the old and replacement ecu to be able to log in and swap them.
I have sucessfully swapped them after sending the ecu to my local ecu rebuilder to have the codes read. I can read the clusters but not the ecu so at least I get halfway there. If I could not read the clusters i would have to send both ecu to get read.
Once both SKC's are known there is a procedure in vag-com to introduce the ecu to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts