VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to take on the timing belt replacement job on my 2004 jetta. I would really like to be able to access the second page of the how-to thread. I hope the belt job is not as difficult as gaining access to the thread. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
LOL, all you had to do is sign up an post an introduction! There are some cautions in there like checking the length of the harmonic balancer bolts which aren't in the service manual due to unlisted parts changes. However, your 2004 should use the regular ones since it's an early car.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me too

I'm in the middle of a timing belt, valve job, and intake cleaning. The directions in the DIY section were really helpful. Having all the right tools made the timeing belt pretty easy, so far.... I have my head off still waiting on all new valves, lifters to to come in. I'm doing all the work myself and haven't had any trouble yet. My timing belt stripped at the crank when I tried to start the car one day. So of course I tried to start the car a couple of times and bumped two valves. I'm going to replace them all. Good luck with the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another newbie

Just wanted to say what a wealth of knowledge can be found on this site. I have a 2001 Audi Allroad, but much information is useful to me. Thanks for being there.

Just got my timing belt and water pump changed by a local mechanic- cost was about $450. thought it would be much more.

mhalpha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts