VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im a new user form alberta canada

drive a 2000 jetta. 1.9 TDI

great car, but there is a small leak on the bottem of the oil filter housing. im wondering if anyone has experience with using sealer revivers (liquid added to engine oil). will it affect engine? would definately be the easiest fix.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Wouldn't be a fairly simple fix anyway, it doesn't look that big a job to replace the seal or seal it up with sealant of some sort, I've not had much luck with seal revivers myself.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I hate stop leak products because they plug stuff up. I once tried radiator stop leak and it caused gluten-like globs to show up in the coolant.

If it really is the oil cooler, it's a piece of cake to replace the o-rings. The uppper ring is VW# 038117070a and the lower ring is a little larger, 038117070.

There is currently no writeup on how to change it so if you take step-by-step pictures it'll qualify for the writeup contest and help many others!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chittychittybangbang:

I am in need of doing the same to my 2006 Jetta TDI. Do you happen to know what the part numbers would be for that?

Sincerely,

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize for thread jacking. I have a similar problem with my oil cooler leaking and I need to see about the part numbera for replacement seals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts