VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to play an old playstation game today but the disc is nothing short of thrashed. It looked like some kids played frisbee with it in the street. So I toss it to the side and start watching TV. Meanwhile I start thinking and realize that the only reason why the disc is unreadable is because the laser beam is deflected/scattered via the scratches. Then I start thinking of what I could do to fill them in. I thought of super glue, but just the thought of melting plastic strayed me away from it. I look over by the kitchen sink and see my wax *lightbulb*. Three coats later it looks at least 10x better and works flawlessly. If any of you guys have some scratched-to-hell cds, dvds, etc try a couple coats of wax

J

·
0 Posts
Also try to clean them from center-outer diameter. This helps prevent long scratches. You can also try copying the disk and burning a new copy. Although it might not read it very well, the new disk will at least be playable. There are "chips" that let you play copied games in the old playstations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts