VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice, did you put in the TDI's dual exhaust yourself? IF I didn't see the tdi badge you would think it's a GTI.
is the Buick a manual?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, did you put in the TDI's dual exhaust yourself? IF I didn't see the tdi badge you would think it's a GTI.
is the Buick a manual?
I had an exhaust shop do the exhaust. It was really a simple job; they cut the muffler off, mounted a 'Y' pipe, and ran two tailpipes out through the valence. Total job cost $350, of which $120 was for the stainless tips, $130 was for the valence, and about $100 in labor. The rear valence is OEM VW for a GTI, snaps/screws right onto US Spec TDI bumpers. The shop guys were amazed that there was no increase in sound with the muffler removed. I should have taken bets! :D

The Buick's an auto with a transbrake... I built it for straight line performance.. 3.8L Turbo V6. It's best has been a 10.79 @ 132mph in the 1/4 mile. Lots of fun!

Nice wheels, what other mods?

Nice toy, Vin Diesel ;)
[email protected] Vin Diesel. That scene drove me crazy. There were so many things wrong with that car, I don't even know where to begin. Though, I'm glad they didn't destroy an actual Grand National... ;)

The wheels are 17" TSW Trackstar 5's. As for other mods, just the "mufflerectomy" and window tint (if you consider that a 'mod'). I think I'm going to switch out the interior lighting with LEDs. I had considered LED tails and HID headlights, but given the price, I'm not so sure it's worth it to me. I'm fighting the urge to go with a mild drop via coilovers. I'm just sick of hard riding cars and really like the stock feel of the TDI. Who knows what'll happen in the next year or so though... :dunno

·
Registered
22 Posts
Including the pit stops, the Golf can probably beat your other cars in an endurance race. Or most cars for that matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts