VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and generally keep tabs on Freds TDI. Hope that isn't a fopais thing to say. I have a 2002 VW Jetta TDI with automatic transmission. I have done quite a few maintenance repairs on my car, and try to stay one step ahead of being stranded on the side of the road. As all of you know with the 01M transmission, this can be dicey at best. In the near future I hope to do a front suspension refresh, and a 5 speed swap. My recent MPG is 44 City, and 42 Hwy. I am in the process of trying to find out why my highway mileage is so low, and have suspicions that it may be additional heat loss through the radiator at higher speeds. I am currently playing with a borrowed VagCom to prove this out. Looking forward to lurking here, and inputting my .02 worth on Threads!

Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but the title seemed appropriate...

I just joined this forum myself...so "hello everyone"

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Fl I've got quite a bit of hard knock, had to learn, tdi knowledge. If someone in the area needs a hand let me know, I'm not looking for work, but if you're stuck between a rock and a hard spot I may be able to lend a hand for an hour or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts