VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've done everything correctly? Thanks to all the people who make this site possible! I'm new....

I have a 2013 Passat TDI SEL, right front wheel bearing bad. I replaced it with FAG off ebay, had a hard time deciding what to torque it to. There is a lot of conflicting info and some places talk about the flange head bolt WITH and WITHOUT ribs under the flange. I currently torqued the 24mm flange head bolt to 148 lb/ft. then 180 degrees after lowering the car. WRONG I now know.

Yes I have read the DIY and appreciate the write up but it doesn't mention the ribs under the flange and different torques for this case. Is there such a case? Also since I'm confused and don't want to buy a third bearing, the 4 hub bolts torque to 52 lb/ft. then 90* and the 24mm 12 point flange head bolt torques to 52 lb/ft. then lower the car and turn 90*????

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, also for a simple question that already has a write up. But if you do a google search and not subscribed to this site, all kind of torque sequences and numbers are thrown out.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Sorry it isn't my job to welcome new members anymore as I've always done that should be done by the only new mod for this forum has bjr72 if he does his job correctly as he is never here.

Old habits die hard now.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it isn't my job to welcome new members anymore as I've always done that should be done by the only new mod for this forum has bjr72 if he does his job correctly as he is never here.

Old habits die hard now.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

I've added to my sig. Would you mind answering my question please?

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
I don't remember all torque specs of hand wait until TDI Wiki is fixed?

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
That is only the old links which haven't been fixed properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is only the old links which haven't been fixed properly.
Ok but that's where I found the DIY about the wheel bearing and torques. But I had specific question. Pasted below

Yes I have read the DIY and appreciate the write up but it doesn't mention the ribs under the flange and different torques for this case. Is there such a case? Also since I'm confused and don't want to buy a third bearing, the 4 hub bolts torque to 52 lb/ft. then 90* and the 24mm 12 point flange head bolt torques to 52 lb/ft. then lower the car and turn 90*????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts