VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I stumbled on this site while looking for info on changing a timing belt, I have a 2005 VW Golf TDI BEW, I have found lots of great info here, great group & thank for letting me join!

As for my timing belt, I have all the parts and tools now just need to find the time

·
Super Moderator
226 Posts
Hi all, I stumbled on this site while looking for info on changing a timing belt, I have a 2005 VW Golf TDI BEW, I have found lots of great info here, great group & thank for letting me join!

As for my timing belt, I have all the parts and tools now just need to find the time
Welcome ducky. I also have a BEW TB is not to hard to change out yourself. plenty of how to guides on this site and elsewhere. good to have you on the forum. let us know when you're diving into the Tbelt job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome ducky. I also have a BEW TB is not to hard to change out yourself. plenty of how to guides on this site and elsewhere. good to have you on the forum. let us know when you're diving into the Tbelt job.
@Moonshot, Thanks for the words of encouragement! Tackled the TB job this weekend, didn't go as smooth as i was hoping, but I am happy with the results. i followed the guide every step of the way! Still have some fine tuning to do as the car seem a little hard on fuel and a little and too good on the bottom end. I am trying to track down a VCDS tuner in the Calgary area, if I cant I will make a bunch of micro adjustments and to get to where i need to be @ 40-50MPG!
Cheers Ducky!

·
Super Moderator
226 Posts
Congrats on the TB job. once you get the vcds you can dial in the torsion value (kw) at the cam pulley. Most people start out at 0 unless they already know where it runs best at. Sometimes you can still read the torsion number on top of the belt cover that was put there from the factory. That would be the ideal torsion value if you're lucky enough to make it out. I could not see that number on mine but it seems happy at 43-48 mpg and my torsion is set at 2. But it's going to be different for each motor. You'll probably have to sneak up on yours even with the vcds, while you keep checking your mpg's and performance. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts