VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looking at doing a timing belt change today (On my 2000 golf tdi/alh) and am looking to read page 2 of the timing belt change in the DIY. I will be getting help from someone with far more knowledge on the subject but would like to be prepared with some basic info to help assist with the change. I'll also be installing a frost-heater at the same time, with no coolant in the car it seems like the easiest time to get it done.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, the coolant heater installation will be a good idea. It must be cold in Alberta by now too, I hope you have a warm place to do this!
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup... heated garage thankfully! Looks like everything went pretty well, Still crossing my fingers on any coolant leaks though. I had to top it up twice but I'm hoping thats just from the air being bled out of the system (only live a few min from the garage if not). Once I'm sure the coolant is holding steady we'll fine tune the timing....Thanks for the write ups it really helped me get my head around a pretty challenging (for me) job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts