VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 06 Special edition TDI with 82K on it and starting to see a limp mode issue mostly when the ambent temp get above 70. I also have gotten the emissions work shop CEL a couple of times. The Turbo Actuator rod moves freely. I got on this site to start eleminating possibly problems. I plan to do the timming belt and cam inspection in the next month or so.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! Try posting the error codes, this should be the first step in troubleshooting engine issues. If you have a VCDS it can let you monitor the various engine sensor values.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Auto Enginuity not Vagcom like every one uses here but I get P299 for under boost I have replace what I think is the N75 on the fire wall about a year ago. I took it off and follow the instructions on here for cleaning it about three months ago. the car has been running fine till now that the temps are creeping back up. I can put it under load and and accelerate like merging into traffic get a big cloud of black smoke and then the car will run fine for a while.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Boost leak? Hose clamp coming loose? Cam timing? The timing belt is due every 80,000 according to VW. It was originally 100k which is why the owner's manual says that. Some go that far but to be safe you can also follow VW's updated recommondation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on changing the timing belt this summer I have to wait until Softball is over. I've been reading up on it, it doesn't look that hard I like the home built engine brace idea. where is a good place to get all of the tools? I am kind of in the middle of now where here in between Springfield and St. Louis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts