VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first diesel (2003 Golf) for my wife and so far i love it! She always complains that i drive it too much, so i assume she likes her new car. :D

To get to the point, The car only came with one key and i would really like a spare. The dealer was 200+ bucks and i didn't want to pay that. I bought a new one online (35 bucks), had it cut (35 bucks), and programmed the keyless entry myself (super easy). Key works perfectly, only problem is the immobilizer chip inst letting me start the car. I found this link but need to post to get access to it before i can set up the car to accept the new key..

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/...leshooting-how-get-skc-how-disable-immo-3025/

I think everything i will need is in here (i hope) but if anyone has some good advise, it would be appreciated!

P.S. This site has some awesome info on it! There are lot of people that really know this stuff. Thanks for taking the time to share. :eek:

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You're on the right track, also see the mk4 Key FAQ for the cheapest way to get a new key. Unless you have the tools for the SKC it's cheaper to go to dealer for programming only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts