VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I recently purchased one of the "fixed" 2012 Jetta Sportwagens from a franchised VW store. It has low miles - 36,200. and heavily equipped. I bought as I have a 700 mile per week commute each week (mainly highway) and wanted fuel efficiency a good drive and room in the back for my work stuff and giant dog. My only need at this point is window tint and tires as the stock Continentals are 3/32" and have some flat spots from sitting awaiting the fix solution by VW. Economy so far has been 40-45. Impressed but still getting to know the car..

Anyone else a high mileage commuter? Looking for quiet tires to tame the roar on the highway, recommendations appreciated!.

Thanks,
D

·
Super Moderator
9,337 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

You can remove Volkswagen from your car spec as it takes up a lot of room and we know how makes the Jetta.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Keith. Just following the rules sir, make model year..

Looking forward to learning and sharing with the group!
D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Demo. Last night I had Huper Optic installed on sunroof and Autobahn Black Ceramic 30% front, 15% rear. I'm not familiar with this manufacturer but time will tell. Trust the shop as they did my Excursion 10 years ago and holding up well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts