VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is T.J. and i'm excited about joining and sharing info with you all. I have a 1979 vw superbeetle convertible and have recently purchased a 2006 jetta tdi. preparing to do the timing belt, water pump, etc. replacement. looking forward to future discussions, thanks,T.J.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! The superbeetle is a cool car. You'll find the 2006 much more comfortable but it has its issues as well. Check out the new owner's checklist and buying guide in the FAQ section. The camshaft is a good thing to check before doing the TB. I rent the VW special tools as well, send PM if interested.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum and in need of info for finding the super secret PIN/SKC for my car.

4 year member of Fred's TDI Club and in the middle of an engine build on my '06 Jetta. Switching from one tuner to another and had to have the ECU completely redone (thanks Rocket Chip, not!) and am trying to get the adaptations done to kill some of the dash lights.

Hope the info I seek is here.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! If you really want to get rid of the immobilizer (how often do cars get stolen where you are), see if rocketchip can do it. I don't know if they offer this service do they?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. Proud owner of my third TDI and it is in desperate need of a timing belt. Read the article on removal of the belt and am interested in reading on. So here is my first post. Up to now I have always relied on the "mark and pray" method with good results. Well now I am older and wiser and now am taking care of two A5 TDI's. So I figured I try the "proper" method. Hats off to who wrote it up in the FAQ section.

1998 TDI A3 almost 300k miles (sold)
2006 TDI A5 90k miles
2006 TDI A5 155k miles

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's mostly my work but there is some good input and tips from others. If you learn anything, please post a follow up, this website info is updated upon request. I also rent the special tools if interested, send a PM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome

Welcome TJ I too just purchased a 2006 TDI and just replaced the clutch\pressure plate\T-O and Flywheel and now I am in the middle of doing the timing belt, sprockets and water pump. Good Luck!!! the tutorials on this site are wonderful! Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy to find this Forum

Boy, am I glad to find this information. I am surprised how much work it is to replace the timing belt--but this makes it that much easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts