VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking hard about a TDI or GTI and plan on a TDI order after joining this site. Looking at a United gray 4DR, DSG, sunroof, Xeon. CWP, splash guards, Dynaudio, and perhaps chrome exhaust. Are the textured side moldings worth adding? Looks okay on the car?

Thanks for this great site!

·
Registered
135 Posts
textured side moldings??? maybe you've found some dealer installed items? I've never heard of or seen such a thing on the new TDI Golf. Or you're from another country other than the USA.

Prepare yourself for a 4-6 month wait when you place your "wish list" with your dealership and pray your car gets accepted. It sounds like a nice configuration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New to forum

Dealer installed...likely. I am in the USA and its on several option list. Saw it lasr at truecar.com.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
135 Posts
thanks for the truecar link. I have never seen that one. I still can not find anything about this textured moldings. I am guessing that you are referring to a strip of molding that runs down either side of the car to prevent door dings? If so, I personally don't care for that feature, but it all depends on your lifestyle, where you park, etc. Also if it's textured molding, it's likely black, so I'd take into consider the color of car you get. I certainly would not get it if I was ordering a lighter color such as my shark-blue, but black or united gray might not look so bad.

I think that I saw pix or read a thread in a forum, either this site or vwvortex.com of an aftermarket manufacturer doing a paintable side molding. this is the only way that I personally would have it on my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New to forum

I ordered my TDI yesterday with the textured black side molding.Protection of the "nuts" in the parking lots. This is applied at the factory. Looking at a 3-4 month wait based on allocation so i hope to have the car sometime in June.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TDI arrived

Tooke delivery of my TDI yesterday. Due to timing I received a 2011. Got everything but the splash guards, chrome tips, and side moldings. I'll have these in two weeks and molding will be painted to match the United Gray. I'll posted a photo when all is settled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my TDI yesterday with the textured black side molding.Protection of the "nuts" in the parking lots. This is applied at the factory. Looking at a 3-4 month wait based on allocation so i hope to have the car sometime in June.
Is this on the bottom or the side? For a second I thought you were referring to the car's nuts. Where would that be?:confused: Tucked in next to the exhaust pipe?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tooke delivery of my TDI yesterday. Due to timing I received a 2011. Got everything but the splash guards, chrome tips, and side moldings. I'll have these in two weeks and molding will be painted to match the United Gray. I'll posted a photo when all is settled.
Funny! I put my order in at about the same time you did, with almost the same options, and took delivery on the 27th. :) Congrats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts