VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Passat 2.0 TDI (FWD / Sedan)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, new TDI owner here. I basically got this car for free, with a myriad of problems including but not limited to squirrels having chewed through wiring harnesses and the brake resevoir, failed cv axles, blown shocks, a plugged egr valve and so on. I also have a Ford f350 6.4l, a Jeep JK and there is a motorcycle or 5 in there as well.

I suppose I am a glutton for punishment and I have a bizarre love for taking neglected things and fully restoring them, this car is no different although it has been very frustrating at times. So far, I have done:

1. Complete brake job including new rotors, fluid flush and new abs sensors
2. CV axles
3. New vacuum lines and valves
4. Trans (auto) fluid flush and filter
5. Replaced radiator and flushed coolant
6. Oil and filter change (with fuel filter)
7. Suspension overhaul
8. Trans and snub mounts
9. EGR cleaning
10. Timing belt replacement
11. Alternator replacement
12. AC/Accessory belt and tensioner replacement
13. MAF replacement

So far it has been going pretty well although some parts of this car seem like it was designed with the idea that components would never, ever fail :)

Upcoming is the front motor mounts, I need to see if anything was done with the BSM and check the cam and at current, I am just looking for anything else that needs immediate attention. This old VW is averaging 35-38 mpg on my daily commute which is really impressive for 247k miles. I'll be honest though, I'd be just as happy if it got 20. I was commuting in my jeep with a whopping 11.2 mpg.

Anyways, when I dive into the engine internals, I might have some questions so I wanted to toss an introduction out there and say hi.

See ya, be chatting with some of you soon I'm sure.

·
Registered
2005 Passat 2.0 TDI (FWD / Sedan)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello to you too! If you think you have been a little behind, just wait! I'm going to be cutting the springs for a 4" drop, I got some sweet 22" spinners i'll be throwing on, and a straight pipe exhaust with a cold air intake. I've also got a full racing spoiler I'll be gluing on too, I'm going to be king of the highway, I'm telling you!

Or, I'm going to try to be the biggest BS-er on this forum. One of the two... and I'm not a fan of spinners and spoilers. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
what kind of glue on that spoiler... might have to get me some ;).. . Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts