VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up my 2011 Silver 4 door Golf, and so far i am pretty happy. My first car was a '68 Bug, and several years ago I owned a Mercedes 300D...it is hard to believe that this car is 'related' to either of them. I was having so much fun I spent the whole afternoon driving it around. I told the wife that I need to break it in... :D

I did stop driving long enough to get a couple pics...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice color. What options did you get other than the 4 door?
Thanks! I was trying to get a white one, but they could only find silver. After I finally saw the car in person I really liked the silver.

The only option is a sun roof. This is what made it hard for them to track down the car. All of the cars with sunroofs also had a long list of other options.

And this morning I performed the first mod and removed the dealer's tag frame. The next mod will be some window tint.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Congrats! You'll really like the car. It's currently the peak of development of this chassis/engine type. The 2011 Jetta is getting stripped down to lower the price and the 2011 Jetta Sportwagen (JSW/GSW TDI) and Audi A3 TDI haven't gotten the mk6 chassis updates yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts