VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello to all, I just found your site while looking for timing belt replacement info. It seems like there is a wealth of info here & I will try to add anything useful & share any experiences now that I have 2 tdi's & am looking for a 3rd. I have been doing my own maintenance & repair since before I could drive, however I do not have much experience with vw's but I plan on learning & doing it myself, I especially don't mind buying whatever specialty tools are needed as I am a bit of a tool whore. Thanks in advance for making so much info available that I know I will be using.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I was waiting to pick up my 09 jetta that was getting it's last free service I was talking to a salesman I know & he happened to mention the new toueg tdi! He went on to tell me all the high lites of the redesign & I have to say I am interested, however they don't have one to test drive yet & I can't buy a vehicle like that without driving it first. The down side is my wife would have to give up her raptor & she didn't seem too excited about that, but that may change if she gets to drive the toureg.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
While I was waiting to pick up my 09 jetta that was getting it's last free service I was talking to a salesman I know & he happened to mention the new toueg tdi! He went on to tell me all the high lites of the redesign & I have to say I am interested, however they don't have one to test drive yet & I can't buy a vehicle like that without driving it first. The down side is my wife would have to give up her raptor & she didn't seem too excited about that, but that may change if she gets to drive the toureg.
DON'T test drive it...you'll buy it :D

The horsepower is only around 230 or something but the torque feels like a V8 in a mid weight car. Instant and responsive. The new 8 speed transmission also helps performance. Fuel economy is obviously nothing you can get in a Jetta or wagon and is not a full size SUV but towing is good and better than other SUV. There's a buying guide with stuff you won't find in the dealer brochure in the FAQ section, take a look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DON'T test drive it...you'll buy it :D

The horsepower is only around 230 or something but the torque feels like a V8 in a mid weight car. Instant and responsive. The new 8 speed transmission also helps performance. Fuel economy is obviously nothing you can get in a Jetta or wagon and is not a full size SUV but towing is good and better than other SUV. There's a buying guide with stuff you won't find in the dealer brochure in the FAQ section, take a look.
Thanks for the info, I will have read through the buying guide, but I really want to test drive one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts