VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just picked up my very first brand new car and it's a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG and I am loving it so far. I snapped a few photo's for fun although it's nothing out of the norm.

I'm coming from a 2001 APR Stage 3 S4 (6MT) and this is kind of a strange move for me, but it's time to grow up and getting in something more practical and most importantly RELIABLE! Don't get me wrong, the S4 is an amazing car, but I had my fun so it's time for her to go :(. I've also got another project car, a 1991 Audi 200 20V which I plan on keeping as my toy/project.
Here's a few pics of them:
S4:

200:

Since I can NOT leave well enough alone I've got some plans for the Jetta. Nothing crazy but suspension, wheels (might keep the S4 CH's), fog lights and few other little things.
Anyway, enough BS'n. I look forward to learning a lot about the TDI and spending some time here.
Nick

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're nuts. I would have thought the A4 was the grown up car. I don't think the VW will be any more reliable unless the Audi was built on a friday. They're made by the same company and I don't think German cars are the most reliable anyways.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're nuts. I would have thought the A4 was the grown up car. I don't think the VW will be any more reliable unless the Audi was built on a friday. They're made by the same company and I don't think German cars are the most reliable anyways.
It's an S4 and also has 500HP. I've been through a few transmissions and I am just looking to get something a bit more civilized. The S4 really wasn't all the unreliable, but since the way it was driven (because it's hard not to, lol) it had an expensive up-keep. With the VW, maybe it's not the most reliable but since it's brand new, there's a warranty for 5 years so at least it'll keep me from having to work/pay for repairs.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Nice collection! Someone likes BBS Wheels.

I used to have a B5 Audi A4 2.8 quattro...very nice car but the Jetta is a better all around car. Mine is a package 2 which they don't make anymore so that helps. The A4 was an early one so it had the curling dashboard and for some reason, a rear spring just broke one day. I was backup up and SPRONG! The diff also leaked but the way it's setup no internal gear adjustments were needed to replace the seals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts