VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this for my Tiguan, but I'd have to put a new swcm in to make it work. My wife liked it so it went in her car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has a 2011 JSW TDI w/ DSG. It plugs right in. No mods were needed other than the coding for the paddle shifters to work. Every button works great. It took about 10 minutes to install. The steering wheel was brand new and it's for an MK6 R20. I bought it from a guy in Portugal for $440 shipped. He said he'd have more on the 16th. He also has the r-line models. The only difference is the r-line badge.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
One of the Best Mods You Can Make

I did this to my JSW, too.

The wheel itself is great. It feels nicer and its smaller size and flat bottom make entry and egress much easier.

If you have DSG, the paddles are a game changer. Drive in "S," shift using the paddles when you want to. It's far easier than taking your hand off the wheel and reaching down to shift.

Because you are in constant contact with the steering wheel, you get a huge return on investment.

IMHO, this should be a factory option--it puts the "S" in JSW.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I leave it in "D" and use the paddles to change gears. If you hold in on the right paddle for a few seconds it turns it off and the car changes gears on its own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want one of these so bad, but my wife would kill me if I spent more money on mods for this car right now! :D

There are at least two on Ebay right now...but one is an auction with >8 days left but currently at ~$310 w/$60 Shipping and another is Buy It Now at $520 w/$80 Shipping :)eek)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I've been meaning to create a mk6 specific steering wheel swap article to split it off from the existing mk5 steering wheel swap, if someone wants to take lots of pictures of the procedure and notes of every step, it will qualify for the writeup contest, the current prize is a $50 e-gift cert to kermatdi.com, so that is some incentive. I'm looking at you mcsenerd ;) Good camera pics please!

·
Registered
47 Posts
does anyone know if this steering wheel would work with the 11 jetta sedan mkvi ?

i would love to have the controls on the right hand side of the wheel rather than the wiper stalk.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want one of these so bad, but my wife would kill me if I spent more money on mods for this car right now! :D

There are at least two on Ebay right now...but one is an auction with >8 days left but currently at ~$310 w/$60 Shipping and another is Buy It Now at $520 w/$80 Shipping :)eek)
But if you buy one and sell the one in the car now it'll offset the price. Then she wouldn't be as mad.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Barry, can you tell me how to get in touch with your guy in Portugal? Like you, I have a 2011 JSW TDI, and I'd love to have DSG paddles.

Also, did you have to replace the airbag in order to use that wheel?

Thanks very much,

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts