VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Next tuesday I will be the owner of a new VW PASSAT (Europe model 2011) that will be slightly different from your US new 2012 model. It is the VARIANT model, for the US : sportwagon. Guess I will be one of the first driving around in the new model here. (Only saw 1 last week).
I've chosen the Bluemotion 105 hp new TDI engine for obvious reasons. Further its a full option comfortline model with the "premium" and "bussiness blue" packs.

Best regards

Frederic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats, you lucky dog.

Unfortunately a Passat Variant is not in the cards for the US. Also, from what I've read the North American Passat is substantially different than the ROW cars.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Boo!!! I'm jealous. I would like a new Passat wagon but it may not come to the US. They say that because the sportwagen is so close in size that they might not spend the resources to make a new 2012 VW Passat wagon TDI. This would be the first time they didn't have a Passat wagon and my family had a Passat wagon back when it was called the Dasher.

I'd also be happy with the Euro Passat wagon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Boo!!! I'm jealous. I would like a new Passat wagon but it may not come to the US. They say that because the sportwagen is so close in size that they might not spend the resources to make a new 2012 VW Passat wagon TDI. This would be the first time they didn't have a Passat wagon and my family had a Passat wagon back when it was called the Dasher.

I'd also be happy with the Euro Passat wagon.
And they'll sell every last one of them too. There has always been a market for the station wagon and European cars. The Passat wagon has filled a nice niche.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts