VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Admin am I reading this correctly and a new page is coming? Will it be functional or more messed up than it already is? Did you let Keith look at it? Did you take any actual input from members here? I must admit I find the release notes comical when you make statements like "You asked and we listened" then you go on to talk about new colors and things. Apparently you haven't been listening because what everyone has been asking for is to FIX THE SITE!!

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Those release notes have popped up for a while there is nothing good in them.

Admin get your arse into gear.

You have done nothing to restore TDI Wiki that is the biggest complaint members have.

The stupid blue logo's over the username show premium member and super moderator why as you can't see the post count until you open the username.

You haven't added the old forum smiles I've posted.

You post a pop up on things that have been done Release Notes

Nothing useful.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't know why they bought this site. I would assume it was to make a profit but if that was the case then why would they destroy the single most important feature of it? Then charge people for that feature they are not providing? Seeing the BBB accredited business logo just pisses me off because honestly what they are doing is criminal. What kind of idiots do what they did?

It's only taken me 8 months to get pissed off about it because I'm sick of seeing new people day after day who purchased premium memberships ask why they don't have access to the premium content they are looking for. Much of it is still missing. I can't imagine what it was like for the premium members who were in the middle of a project only to have the rug pulled out from under them.

Admin(s) are you reading any of this? Where is the fix to the site you promised 8 months ago? Stop charging new people for a service you can't provide and FIX THE DAMN SITE!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really don't know why they bought this site. I would assume it was to make a profit but if that was the case then why would they destroy the single most important feature of it? Then charge people for that feature they are not providing? Seeing the BBB accredited business logo just pisses me off because honestly what they are doing is criminal. What kind of idiots do what they did?

It's only taken me 8 months to get pissed off about it because I'm sick of seeing new people day after day who purchased premium memberships ask why they don't have access to the premium content they are looking for. Much of it is still missing. I can't imagine what it was like for the premium members who were in the middle of a project only to have the rug pulled out from under them.

Admin(s) are you reading any of this? Where is the fix to the site you promised 8 months ago? Stop charging new people for a service you can't provide and FIX THE DAMN SITE!!!
If you eliminate the source for knowledge then people are forced to pay for dealer services.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Just chiming in to say "Wow this site is still messed up". I echo everyone's sentiment with this whole thing. Like this is so bad it's made it onto the list of reason's to get rid of my car lol.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just chiming in to say "Wow this site is still messed up". I echo everyone's sentiment with this whole thing. Like this is so bad it's made it onto the list of reason's to get rid of my car lol.
Not your car's fault. It's clear the new owners don't know or care about turbodiesels. Apparently they don't know a whole lot about business models or how to run a site either. To add insult to injury they are charging people for content they aren't providing.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first came here, I followed a link from the old site/wiki that offered premium content for $2. I was excited to learn as much about my car as possible. Finding it was now $20/mo was a bit of a shock, but I kept an open mind.

Now, having wandered around a bit, I am a bit stunned. Comments from knowledgeable members like yourself, and others, are really telling. There isn't a lot of love around here for the new owners. I can't blame you all -- I looked back to the post where Chitty announced the decision to sell to Autoguide and in that thread there is an exchange where someone asks "what do you know about motors," and the response was "I know about forums." I think that says it all.

I don't expect the published knowledge base to expand at all. Looking at Autoguide's website, they seem to be a middle-of-the-road, average, elementary level auto site. Myturbodiesel was more advanced, at least in my view. The new owners seem to have no appetite for new info, in fact, no appetite for anything but fonts and colors.

The value here now is the community. I see no reason to give up $20/mo to someone who isn't going to invest it back. I see members here willing to help each other. That is great, and hope I can contribute more in the future.
Mostly I agree with you but I would also point out this site his hemorrhaging its most knowledgeable members since the new ownership. So destroying the old Wiki killed the number one resource the site had, and losing its members is destroying the second most valuable resource.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"A homepage that is actually useful" So does that mean you will be bringing back the functionality of this site? Or like the video says about being 10 years behind on the feed thing; do we have to wait another 9 years?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One can hear taps playing in the background of that horrendously produced video.
It's sad because its starting to look like this site is done. All they are getting is directs from search engines and people buying premium memberships that don't deliver anything. This used to be such a great site and they absolutely destroyed it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
It has been this way for a while. I am a really patient person and work in software development, this has been a stunning fail. Most of the TDI experts have long ago given up and moved on, not all but most. So that leaves the content as the useful info, and that is not accessible. Shrug. Sad but there is a circle of life on the internet too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts