VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

New Owner 2010 Jetta TDI

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  chef73 
#1 ·
New to this site great info just checking in to say saying hello to all

#2 ·
Thanks, hope that the 2010 delivery checklist/FAQ helps! A few have commented that the car they checked out still had the suspension blockers in place. Other than the normal problems or concerns, please post if you are having a good experience too because reading internet forums can make you paranoid that everyone has a lemon!

#6 ·
Another Cape Codder

I just got back from the dealer in Hyannis where I put down a deposit on a "white gold" (funny name for a color that most would ID as silver) 2010 Sportwagen, stick, pano roof and protection package (again, what a name for floormats).

Should be here right around Xmas. In the meantime I'm reading everything here and getting ready to return to the sparkless posse (had a '77 Diesel Rabbit with suspension mods and an aux tank in the spare tire well).

-dan

#7 ·
I just got back from the dealer in Hyannis where I put down a deposit on a "white gold" (funny name for a color that most would ID as silver) 2010 Sportwagen, stick, pano roof and protection package (again, what a name for floormats).

Should be here right around Xmas. In the meantime I'm reading everything here and getting ready to return to the sparkless posse (had a '77 Diesel Rabbit with suspension mods and an aux tank in the spare tire well).

-dan
That sounds like quite an improvement, does the 77 Rabbit even have heat ;)

#8 ·
That sounds like quite an improvement, does the 77 Rabbit even have heat ;)
Hey, come on, that Rabbit allowed me to cruise past insane gas lines without even slowing down. Well, OK, the real reason I didn't slow down was I didn't want to scrub off any of that hard-earned momentum [grin].

And it had plenty of heat -- from the glow plugs, which required a loooong time to heat up on cold mornings.

So yes, I'm looking forward to the improved modern version. Traded an Audi A3 for it (!).

-dan

#9 ·
It's here. My order changed three times due to my urgent request that we get the deal done before 12/31 to ensure the sales tax deduction, so I ended up with what's shown below in my sig.

Arrived at the dealer this morning, being prepped, due in my driveway any minute now.

-dan

#11 ·
Better pix will have to wait -- black car on a black night with a cell phone camera would = epic fail [g].

But here she is at the dealer waiting to be prepped for delivery:

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks. Yup, all 4 caps were off, the tow hooks in place, and various plastic sheeting wrapped around interior pieces as she was fresh off the truck from Davisville, RI.

All that is squared away, no blocks left in the front suspenders or anything, and she's a blast to drive, even with the very tight, 36-miles-on-it engine [g].

-dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.