VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I have just purchased my first TDI - a 2013 Passat Highline - but this is my second VW. Very impressed with VW engineering and drive-feel.

It has 101k km (60k miles) and I did the 120k service as it had been sitting idle for over 2 years (I'm assuming due to the VW buyback) and I wanted to make sure the DSG was sound.

Anything else I need to look into regarding a machine that was idle for so long? Brakepads are corroded, but some wear left, so I will address this in the spring.

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I did get info from my local VW dealership that I had another 90k of warrantee - something you don't expect with a used car!!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I've heard stories of people going through with extremely expensive repairs through their mechanic without knowing it had that warranty, just want to make sure you don't end up part of that group!

I've found that if the car isn't falling apart yet (all Volkswagens do eventually), it doesn't need that much maintenance. Never needs tune-up, just replace filters and the oil until the stupid shit starts breaking and get rid of it before it costs you refinancing your mortgage to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
9,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts