VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some new nozzles today and went by the pdf that is out there on how to do it.

Anyway, got them removed, cleaned...thoroughly and reinstalled. When I started it up I noticed that fuel was spitting up out of nozzle/injector #1, enough to create a puddle on the head. I have tightened and retightened the injector without any success. Removed and cleaned the hole, copper washer, no success.

any help???

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The older .pdf floating out there from another site needs a substantive correction, the torque listed for the cap-nut holding the nozzle is too low. It sometimes results in leaks as you have found out and which is mentioned on the writeup on this site. Do not tighten the holding fork any tighter because they can shatter. The fork's washer is 1 way as shown on the writeup on this site.

Which part are you tightening?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It doesn't look like the washer is sealing very well, did you fit new washers, if so did you get the old one out first?:)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
try some Teflon tape around the treads and between the washers. I used Teflon tape successfully on the fuel rail of my other car (gasoline engine) no problems at all. I also used Teflon on the tread of of the high pressure power steering line. Never had any problems. (go around the treads about 3 times and between washers 2 times.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed...

I took out the injectors one by one and tightened the nozzle cap down.

These bosio's are going to get me in trouble.......

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Lol I've got a set of the bosio pp 764 nozzles on their way from kerma and I'm looking forward to getting into trouble:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts