VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow TDI JSW brethren.

I am the new owner of a 2014 6spd JSW. I think Ive been shopping for this car for the past 6 years! The JSW and the TDI efficiency has always been very appealing with its looks, utility and performance. We need a larger wagon due to the extracurricular activities we enjoy. We found this car and had to swoop on it. Its a beautiful red 2014 wagon which turned out to be maintained by our local Lithia VW dealer in the Rogue Valley, OR. It was providence we bought the car in the BA, CA to take it back home to OR.
The car has 80K on it Seemed to be in as pristine condition as could be for a 5 yr old car that has been sitting in a lot while going through the diesel gate ordeal. Stoked to have found the car we've been searching for. The car is amazing with its performance even as it is! Ive driven it from the BA to OR and back with no issues averaging 37mpg at 85mph.

Joining the group as a new member to get to know more about my vehicle as im pretty proficient when it comes to working on mechanical issues as Ive changed timing belts in various vehicles, replaced valves, head gaskets, rebuilt transmissions, suspension.....but have never owned a diesel or a turbo'd car for that matter.

Is there anything I should be aware of and maintenance I should be doing on a regular basis?

I am considering a tune for that little extra kick. The torque is great as it is but the added boost is appealing:). Are there any recommendations?

Thank You and look forward to contributing my experiences with our new family member.

Red Jet

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Congrats on the recent acquisition. Perhaps you may consider posting to the mk6 forum as they have much more experience with the post dieselGate vehicles than us Mk5'ers.... (and I thought 2014s were Mk6s anyway :) though I don't claim to be an expert)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the recent acquisition. Perhaps you may consider posting to the mk6 forum as they have much more experience with the post dieselGate vehicles than us Mk5'ers.... (and I thought 2014s were Mk6s anyway :) though I don't claim to be an expert)
Your right its a 6. Like I said just getting into this platform.
Thank You!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum Red Jet! I too bought a post dieselgate 2012 JSW and like it a lot for my long commute (already put 7K miles in 4 months). Do check the WIKI for exact intervals for oil changes, brakes fluid changes, etc. I have been wrenching a bit on mine and found some special tools are required. Shop around for your best deal but don't skimp on specified fluids. DSG service completed last weekend next service oil and brake fluid change.
D

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.
Your slipping Keith

Yes our new member didn't post in the introductions section.

First rule of Forum Rules and Guidelines

Post in the correct section.

How many free fixes he's going to get in the mk5 for a mk6 wagon I would not hazzard a guess.

Red Jet.

Welcome to the forum wherever it is you land.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Your slipping Keith

Yes our new member didn't post in the introductions section.

First rule of Forum Rules and Guidelines

Post in the correct section.

How many free fixes he's going to get in the mk5 for a mk6 wagon I would not hazzard a guess.

Red Jet.

Welcome to the forum wherever it is you land.
I'm not really slipping I've moved it to the other sub forum. The fact still remains he hasn't made an intro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts