VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

New to the TDI clan, just picked up my '02 Jetta 5 speed - 129K miles 2 weeks ago. Already impressed with the mileage..first tank back & forth to work and some running around was 48 mpg, second and third tanks were on a trip to Tennessee and back, 52 mpg on the way there, a hair over 50 mpg on the way back. :nana2:

Car did have a few issues, driver side sunroof drain, driver side radiator fan, glow plug harness and needs the intake cleaned yet.

Here it is....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110703523923&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Looking forward to learning more from the forum!!:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Seller with 0 feedback? Make sure that the timing belt is good, if they used cheap parts and it fails, you're up a river with a broken car! Ask them where they bought it from, if it's a guy in North Carolina, change it ASAP.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Chitty!

Actually it was listed on Craigslist for $7900 first and that's how I found it. The TB kit w/waterpump is a Contitech from europartsdirect and was installed around Christmas by a shop in Lansing that specializes in european cars. And yes, they have the Vag-com, the seller said he remembers them telling him it took a few adjustments to the IP to get it dialed in.

I think I'm good to go...:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts