VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined the forum as I have just bought a 2007 SEAT Altea 1.9TDI. The time has come for a 4-door car, and the SEATs are great value here in the UK compared to other models in the VAG range. I have a V6 Audi A3 also - so good to keep with the VAG brand.

At the moment i'm interested in a cambelt change, and noticed lots of great info on the site. I'll probably tackle it myself, as we just got the car - its 4 years old with 39k - I didnt realise at the time I bought it that the cambelt was now due every 4 years!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice,

Regards

Martin

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! 4 years is a little low but I won't go against the manufacturer's recommendation. 6 years is reasonable, 10 years is starting to push it. And of course, different belts can have different lifespans and different conditions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep agreed. I have been reading your excellent guide and will undertake the work myself. I noticed that the pictures have disappeared from part 2? I have VCDS, and have ordered the tools so am looking forward to carrying out the work, along with oil change/brake fluid etc etc.

Thanks again for your guides,

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts