VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

new member here. 2001 Golf. When leaving works yesterday, the engine mount "ear" on the engine broke off. I need to replace the timing belt and the pass radiator fan as well :(

I joined the forum for the timing belt procedure...but I can post pictures (broken mount & why I need to replace timing belt) after I fix the car, most likely in 2 weeks. Ask away if you would like something specific.

Thanks,
Math

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chittychittybangbang.

I am aware of the van gogh fix and will order it as soon as I decide what I will do with the car... It has a lot of issues right now and I need to decide if I keep it or if it will be replaced.

I will take pictures and might do a write-up as well for the van gogh fix itself but not the timing belt since you did an excellent one yourself. Other repairs I need to do and might do write-ups on if required are : door switch repair, antenna base seal replacement, radiator fan replacement (and electrical repair), cabin dust filter replacement, fuel filter replacement, air filter replacement & snowscreen cleaning, manual trans fluid change, rear suspension bushings, complete rear brake job including calipers, downpipe r & r (need to weld it, cracked right behind catalyst), skidplate install, and I may do a radiator support replacement as well.

Let me know which of these procedures do not have write-ups and I might do them if I keep the car.

Math

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Cabin and engine air filter, skidplate, and fuel filter are already done.

The other ones could be useful or you could add more detail. More pictures are better than too few please!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts