VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have three Jetta tdi's, a 2003 GL stick (ALH), a 2004 GLS stick (BEW), and a 2009 DGS.

I bought the 2003 in 2007 (it had 104000 miles and needed a TBC) and my wife was so impressed with the car and its economy we bought a new 2009 when they came out in fall of 2008.

I bought a VCDS and did the TBC myself, I do all my own work. The VCDS has been quite helpfull and I now feel comfortable enough with it to volunteer my help with it to anyone in the local Sacramento area.

My 2004 is a recent purchase for my brother in Omaha NE and I have just driven it there for him. Averaged 41 mpg at 75 mph on the gps (79 on the speedo). It has 114000 miles and needs the TBC. My brother has the skills and tools for the job (minus the crank lock etc.) and is eager to get to work. So if any Omaha TDI enthusiasts are around let me know and if he needs a reassurance on his work I will introduce.

Anybody in Omaha have a BEW CRANKSHAFT LOCK please let me know!

Looking at the "how to" on TDI Club the BEW looks easier than my ALH.

The 2004 only has one key and remote and my current project is to get another key and remote for it without going to the dealer if possible.

OH, and the driver door open close sensor switch is not working. One more project.

So I will be visiting the appropriate forums.

See you there:

Stratolifter

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
There's a post in the how to's on the tdi club for the door switch, just a thought but do you like Jettas?:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Seatman,
I have looked over the door switch how-to over there. I've bookmarked it and it's on my to do list.

Yes I guess we do like them!

Now if I could just figure out the immo3 dilemma!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts