VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for help and found this site. I have a 2004 Jetta BEW motor (TDI). I just changed teh timing belt today (yes I used the tools to lock cam/crank). It is not running good now. It runs like it is out of timing or maybe something else. When I step on the pedal to accelerate, it sputters and loses power. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
If the car was running fine before and you're sure everything was in place when doing the belt then you've missed something when puting it back together I reckon, it's fairly common, check all the boost pipes, electrical connections, vacuum lines etc, I'm sure you'll find it.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the car was running fine before and you're sure everything was in place when doing the belt then you've missed something when puting it back together I reckon, it's fairly common, check all the boost pipes, electrical connections, vacuum lines etc, I'm sure you'll find it.:)

welcometomyturbodies
I did that and found nothing. Is it possible that the it is slightly out of time?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This sounds like a boost leak as if you forgot to put a hose back.

If you put the tools back at TDC and everything fits fine there cannot be a problem with mechanical timing. If there was an electrical problem it should have been noticed before the TB service as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be, you could check it using the faq for the timing belt but I still think it's more likely that something isn't put back, there was another guy on here just the other day with the same problem and it turned out he'd left off a plug for the map sensor.:)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/a4-pumpe-tdi-bew-index.htm
Thanks to all those that gave advice. I found the inner cooler hose had popped off. That was the whole problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts