VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.

I have owned an '01 Beetle TDI Auto since new. It is a great car. I do a lot of maintenance on it and it has been mostly trouble-free. No drivetrain issues at all - it is stock. The only problems have been electrical. Replaced the drivers door lock, common microswitch problem. Repaired the trunk electrical latch. That's about it for repairs.

My planned maintenance projects for this year include new rear pads and rotors. Have replaced the pads once before.

The more you work on these VWs, you realize they are some of the easiest modern vehicles to work on. The experience shared on these forums is a big help to all.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

If you need any info it's in the faq at the top of the page if you haven't already seen it and if you get stuck just post.

You're right though about these vag cars being fairly easy to work on except I think some of the newer electrics are getting a bit trickier.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

If you've had this Beetle since 01 whats the mileage now, have you changed the timing belt yet?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My TDI is very low mileage - 80K miles in 10 years! I basically just commute with it in town, have a larger minivan for long highway trips. Another factor is that I drive a sacrificial 'salt car' in the winter. Hence, the NB is really clean corrosion-wise.

I changed the TB myself at 40K per recommendation, but used another 40K belt. Kept all the original rollers and just replaced a few stretch bolts. I have a full 100K kit ready to go and will install it this summer (we might get one this year, who knows?).

Yep, electrical diagnosis is a challenge. Codes will often point you down the wrong path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts