VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all: As my vehicle type noted, I have a Ford Ranger...Since I successfully "enrolled", I was thankful my veh type was acceptable for openers. Having test driven a TDI Jetta, yesterday, I am very close to buying it though my venture began by viewing Audi A3s on the net...have yet to see one. Anyway, it would be a welcomed assist if I could get advice on which transmission to select for the TDI. I drive 120 miles/day, virtually all expressway, without traffic. My interest is maintenance savings and fuel economy. Finally, I have found myturbodiesel.com to be as outstanding a web offering as any I have ever used. My compliments to those who make this happen. with regards, dan

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Go with manual. It'll be more reliable, less maintenance in long run. DSG needs fluid/filter changes every 40k. The real world mpg should be slightly less but well within driver-car variation. It adds a little weight too.

Unfortunately the Audi A3 TDI is only DSG (S-tronic). However, if you want the premium options offered on it, it's the choice unless you want to wait for the 2012 VW Passat TDI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts