VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone .
Have had my passat tdi since 2005 and 160k mile, and just bought a jetta sportwagon 2010.
Yes i am having the chain problem and found this to be the best info on fixing the problem.
The local VW dealer in memphis wanted to put a new chain on the oil pump to fix the problem,
Till i gave them the oem part # for gear module, They have never put one on before, Didnt know about it. Not so sure i want to be there first try at it,:ugh Since they knew so little about it.
I may just do this myself, so i am here to research the proper way to fix it.

Thanks for having info out here to be found.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Hey thanks! The procedure was originally found mostly by two guys, oilhammer and mogolf. I have documented it in my own way but they did all the original work. I added some background information and my own pics. If you are interested in renting the VW special tools I rent them upon request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer Chitty.
I will probably buy the timing tools since i have two VW tdi's ,Or I may just make some of them.
Any word on the hex shaft slop that has some worried?
I have not had my hands on one of these units, But as one has said 15deg slack is way to much for a hex drive of 6mm. That seems kind of crappy for a german tool maker to let go. But then again so was the chain drive set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts