VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
what do u think i change temperature sensor thats located under tthe thermostat housing? they say it gives temp info to ecu and controls temp gauge and check engine is gets overheatd? should i try to change that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok, maybe i found something... i changed a four pin thermal switch under the hose wher thermostat is, screwed in cylider head, with 3 pin thermal switch from my c3 audi 100 2.5 tdi... the problem is now that it runs out of throttle pedal as soon as i start it, even when its cold. should i buy new a new one? is there a way to test it?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't think so but it's worth a shot since you said power is now really bad. The part number is there but I don't know the correct readings if you test it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
it starts ok, it has suprisingly alot of power for a 1992 audi with 340k km... i'll put the old 4 pin sensor back until i find a new one... or a used one... tyvm for ur time to help me... i'll get back to u when i change it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
lol... this car is killin me... now throttle pedal stalls less then b4... but now when i start/crank the car it revs to 4k and then drops to idle... strange car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi TADD. I have Audi 100 2,5tdi also and I want ask you is there whether the speed transducer was wrong ? I mean sensor that located on the between engine and gearbox. My car drop gasoline from diesel pump and came below the speed sensor.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts