VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just stumbled upon this forum this morning. I've bee driving my 2001 Jetta TDI for a while now, my wife had a 2002 before deciding she wanted a larger vehicle.
I currently have over 230K miles and hope to at least double this. Looking forward to helping and learning when I can. That's about all I have to say right now.
-Josh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, to be honest, it's a bit premature. The turbo and exhaust are in a box, ready to go on asap. My clutch is slipping pretty bad with just the nozzle upgrade. I've got a DC stage 2 clutch kit from boraparts awaiting to go on and I'll probably swap turbos and exhaust at the same time with a few other odds and ends. Then a new tune will be in order. Soooo, I've got some work cut out for me, but it will be great to have my car back in order. Babying a slipping clutch is no fun, especially on the highway.

On a side note, how long has this forum been around? Are you the founder/creator?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yes, I am the founder. The site was started in 2007 and I've been steadily adding many FAQ and forum improvements. In the beginning I wanted to have a bare bones info site but people were crediting my work to other sites so I added logos and a navigation bar at the top. I was also getting support questions for other sites so I changed the color scheme of the forum as well. There have been functional improvements as well like the search bar in the FAQ pages. Hopefully it serves as an updated and organized resource for all TDI fans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recognized your name from TDIClub, but when I seen how active you were here, I thought you might have been the founder. Looks to be a great site. The write-ups you have are great, some of the most detailed I've seen. I'll be referencing the clutch change or sure. Talk to you later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts