VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Phil. I have been driving a 2000 Jetta TDI since 2004. I use it for commuting (60 miles each way) and just recently passed the 300,000 mile mark on this car. I have to admit the TDI has lasted longer than my expectations, but then, hey, it's a diesel. Max mpg has been right at 60 (drafting behind tractor trailers!).

So far, I've changed the timing belt myself a while ago (actually it's due again), replaced the broken plastic window clamps on all four power windows and did my own brake jobs and of course oil changes.

Kind of ironic, but soon after the car hit 300K, the clutch went out. Started as a heavy vibration when starting in low gear so I think the wonderful Dual Mass Flywheel actually went bad first. So I'm about to tackle a flywheel and clutch replacement now, using the Sachs solid flywheel clutch kit. Already, this forum has been a big help. Wish me luck!

Phil

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
welcometomyturbodiesIf any steps aren't clear, please make a suggestion or take a pic to submit a suggestion.

Congrats, you definitely win a prize for high miles on the car. I suppose you can't complain much about the repair since you already got your money's worth a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
9,673 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts