VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here looking through the Passat chain noise threads.

Wondering if I could manage the gear-drive module conversion myself or if anyone could recommend a shop in the Baltimore/DC/Western Maryland area.

Up until now the most adventurous engine projects I have successfully completed include fixing the cam-plug oil-pressure issue on a 1980's Kubota diesel and way, way before that I did a full rebuild on a 1965 Corvair 140 HP motor.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
If you've managed all that then I would've thought the module thing shouldn't be beyond you, I say that but then I haven't actually done one lol but if I had a passat I would do it myself using the guide on here.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If you have the space and are meticulous, go for it. Just make sure to read the instruction until you really understand them. This is not the sort of thing you just want to read as you go along. I do rent all the special tools for the procedure as well.

In Stafford, VA there's a guy who works on TDI. He hasn't been active here but if you send him a PM he'll get the notice. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/members/ninedee_golf_tdi/ Here is his profile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts