VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came across this website while researching clutch replacement for my 99 tdi beetle. I had a so called friend who wanted to "help" me change the clutch in beetle. Well he helped me alright. I paid him some cash up front and he proceeded to halfway dissasemble my car and leave it with the transmission and engine supported by a jackstand. After a couple months of waiting I have decided to try and finish it up myself. I think he was having problems getting all the bolts that hold the transmission out. I know he was worried about breaking one that did not want to come loose. Hopefully it won't break on me. But anyway that is my story and from looking around on the site hopefully I can get tips and finally get the car back on the roadI(and make my wife happy that it is not on jackstands in the driveway anymore).:D

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Well did you at least get your money back? This is why I don't work on other people's cars except easy stuff and for free. If they're not happy they get a refund :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope I didn't get my money back. Oh well I still have his jack stands and ramps. Not much of a consolation but at least I have something to barter with. Getting a transmission jack from harbor freight and going to get started if it ever stops raining here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts