VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

My names Jonathan, I own a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI 1.9L BEW Manual Transmission. Currently have the motor out due to oil seals in turbo blown. Since that the car is stock with 330k miles, I purchased the car back in October of 2019. Been a great car, drove down to Alabama and back to VA twice. I finally realized the car had an issue when noticing I was loosing oil and not what I was hoping for, but dumping it in intercooler and exhaust. So on to getting a upgrade kit from KermaTDI, and making sure that the needed maintenance is performed to the engine. Other then that hope all is safe with this pandemic.

·
Super Moderator
9,339 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Since you have the motor out, would be the perfect time to pull the valve cover and look at the camshaft lobes and lifters for wear. The BEW motor has very small lobes on the camshaft since there are extra lobes to drive the injector pumps. Also would be perfect time to refresh timing belt and water pump.

Here is a picture of the lifters from my ‘04 after 80k miles. Granted the car was bought used, no idea if the proper spec oil was used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your absolutely right woolfy, I have the whole kit coming this weekend. So I’m taking my time cleaning everything and making sure I don’t skip a beat. Thank you for information.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Your absolutely right woolfy, I have the whole kit coming this weekend. So I’m taking my time cleaning everything and making sure I don’t skip a beat. Thank you for information.

Another thing to look at is the intake manifold soot/ sludge build up. I used the torch/air gun method to burn it out. That will go a long way to improve airflow and regain power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She all back together, had her up and running awaiting one hose found had a weep but other then that putting rest of the car back together. Happy with the outcome!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts