VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy from Texas! I'm new to TDI and since I live in Texas I haven't had to deal with cold weather yet. I'm taking a trip North for Christmas and I was wondering if you've had any issues in the cold weather, or anything I should watch out for?

·
Super Moderator
VW Jetta TDI Mk5 2005.5 BRM
154 Posts
I live in CT and haven't had a problem starting up, as long as your battery's charged you should be fine. On really cold days sometimes I let it glow twice, by turning the key almost all the way but without ignition. If you're going reeeaaaally far north, you may want some fuel additive to prevent gelling, but I haven't had experience with that myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in CT and haven't had a problem starting up, as long as your battery's charged you should be fine. On really cold days sometimes I let it glow twice, by turning the key almost all the way but without ignition. If you're going reeeaaaally far north, you may want some fuel additive to prevent gelling, but I haven't had experience with that myself.
Thanks Jonathan. I had no problems up in KS when the temp dropped to single digits. I did allow extra time for the glow plug. Mine is remote start, so the computer is smart enough to figure it all out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts