VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 02 bug that I new had problems. Excessive smoke, cuts out on acceleration when cold, but still gets 45 mpg at 80 mph. Put 3000 miles on it and alternator went out. So the story goes. Found excessive oil in the intercooler. Took turbo and intake off. Turbo is junk. Egr has green stuff growing in the electrical plug. Took starter off and had it rebuilt. Forgot, when I took the turbo out I noticed the cv boot on right hand side was rotten. When I decided to take the alternator out, just took off the front bumper and fenders. I am thinking while I am this far into it, that I might as well do the TB as well. This is a little more than I wanted to do, but it has been a learning experience. There is a lot of great info and help on this web site and the vendors. I am hoping to have it ready to go for spring. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Argh....at least you now know the inside and outside of the car well!
welcometomyturbodies

FYI, there is a writeup contest for new original writeups so if feel you have any good tips on say, pulling the front bumper and fenders on a new beetle and take step by step pics and tips, it will qualify for the contest. The prize is currently a $50 e-gift certificate from the sponsor kermatdi.com, check the general forum for more details and rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts