VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member and planning to do some of my own maintenance on my car. I have done many mechanical projects before, including installing a jetta engine into a VW Van and now have done this conversion for others as well. This past year I had to convert the van to an automatic as I lost my right leg through a kiteboarding accident in mexico two years ago. I was lucky to get most of the parts from a wreck. Two day after i installed the automatic, I drove it 4000 kilometedres to Baja.

My first project on the 2004 jetta is to change the timing belt so need to get allthe info I can and pick up any special tools I would not have in my present tool box. The car has been very good so far. I did have a fuel pump problem that was very hard to diagnose, even for the dealer. Lucky it was on warrantee at the time.

I see in the information I was able to preview that you should buy only good parts, but the article mentioned an after market product not to buy, so which ones are recommended to buy.
also is there an easy place to buy the special tools.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Very cool conversion! What kind of work did it require?

Just out of curiosity, what was the problem with the fuel pump problem? There is no problem buying aftermarket products since the vendors linked through the article sell parts that are almost all made by OEM suppliers. There is one guy in SC who sells total junk which is why I have to include a warning.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts