VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the old lady into a dub, but it only came with one key.

there's a resources section on this forum that i can't access without posting, so here it is.

just looking for some more info on immo-defeat or skc extraction, i refuse to pay the dealership for this. researched this to death about 5 yrs ago for a friend trying to do a cluster swap, haven't looked since and am hoping there has been a breakthrough with this.

i have the old school ross-tech serial cable and have access to the newer can/usb cables as well including legit software, was searching for vagcommander and vagtacho etc. so i can grab the skc and landed here. would rather find a way to extract the skc or perform immo-defeat rather than pay the dealer or have the ecu loaded up with revo or unitronics etc, as i want to keep her ride completely stock. i know the car's original home stealership, so i believe i have the correct wsc's etc.

our town doesn't allow overnight street parking, and we're not the only tenant that shares the driveway... it's been aweful for the past week or so shuffling cars around. just got the keys off ebay and cut locally, they turn the tumblers and i've already programmed the remote buttons. now if only they could start the damn car....

:beer:

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There have been good advances and you're on the right track. The only thing to be aware of is that your 2003 should have immo3 which means you cannot use used keys except for parts because the chip will only go to 1 vin, look at the mk4 key faq section for some more details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

the keys i purchased are brand new - it was a full flip key with the OEM plastic packaging, unopened and un-cut. no clue how this guy was selling them so cheap $30 each because they're definitely legit... maybe they fell off a truck. in any event, yeah i'm familiar with the immo3 particulars

anyway, the procedure for re-coding the remotes (lock, unlock etc) is easy, and done. the keys are cut, and spin the tumblers. it's programming the RFID chip to the immobilizer that requires the SKC, and i'm familiar with the procedure because i've done this before using Vag-com... it's very easy. GETTING the SKC was the tough part.

there used to be a guy in canada from vwvortex.com that you could send the stock cluster and ECU up to him, and he could pull all the info. don't remember for the life of me what his name was, did some searching and i suspect his posts may have been deleted by now. all i know is, even after the introduction of Geko, there is definitely a way to pull this info from the ECU... and i'm just having some trouble figuring out how the heck it's done, preferably for free :)

anyone who can help me figure this out will get access to my FTP where i will provide all the software downloads etc as well as a writeup on how (hopefully) i finally got it done.

in the meantime, i split the original flip key (the only working one) and tucked the RFID chip away safely in the cabin, and now all the other keys work.... but i can't leave it like that permanently. with a credit card and a couple small hand tools, the car could be stolen with ease... and i'm not comfortable with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts