VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm introducing myself & this is my first post

2003 vw caddy. no-start problem. no fuel injection. wont start at all, not even for a second. will run temporarily while easystart sprayed in intake

symptoms: injection pump getting no 'quantity adjust' signal (throttle opening) from the ECU. confirmed by ecu scanned and it reading back DTC "quantity adjust at lower limit". no other codes mentioned to me by the man with scantool

ecu definitely connected to IP actuator coil. IP coil resistance seen at ECU connector. IP pump known to be OK.

Might be immobiliser problem maybe? key chip damaged? posibly reason why ecu not commanding IP? or maybe ecu itself faulty?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yes, definitely not the immobilizer. I've tested the immobilizer and the engine still starts completely fine. Was the timing belt recently done? Quanty adjuster at lower limit can be a timing belt with injection pump timing way off to the point it isn't injecting fuel correctly. I suggest putting the engine at TDC and checking those things over.

Otherwise, no fuel is normally usual fuel starvation, fuel filter, fuel line, fuel pickup, low crank speed, low battery, fuel shutoff solenoid.

Also, this is a bit more than a simple intro so post moved to general section since I'm not sure the details of the caddy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts