VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Golf w/160K miles on it. I'm getting ready to swap out the clutch. It started slipping in 4th & 5th under full throttle. No problems yet just educating myself and getting my head in the game.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Try rolling into the accelerator pedal more smoothly and that should help reduce slipping. You could also try the hairspray trick - open up the flywheel inspection port and with the engine idling and stepping on-off the clutch, spray the whole can into it. The alcohol washes the surfaces.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
welcometomyturbodies
Hi fellow Wisconsinite,
What part of WI are you from? I'm in Caldonia (Racine County)

If you do the clutch check out some of the great part suppliers that specialize in TDI parts. I bought one of the VR6 clutch kits for my 2001 Jetta TDI. Can't go wrong. Very smooth clutch. Also when your working on that, swapping in the Audi TT short shifter Manufacturer: OEM VW OEM Number: 8N0711046. www.idparts.com sell it for about $48.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try the hairspay thing. It's not a problem at this point and I'd like to hold off until it's a little warmer outside.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Lol wise choice. I was lying outside in -15 with a breeze puting my car back together not long ago, I had to keep popping back in the house to warm up but eventually I just got stuck in and didn't feel the cold as much. When I'd finished though I could hardly move my face, felt like I'd been to the dentist. Brrrrr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts