VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon last weekend. Love it! While I purchased it for hiway fuel economy, I'm amazed at the performance. Must admit that I've not been driving conservatively for fuel economy, since it's so fun to drive a bit more aggresively! I'm currently trying to get up to speed on the VW specific mechanical aspects, and fully clean and detail the car to gain familiarity. Sure seems like a lot to learn. I'm pretty technical, having earned an aviation technology degree with FAA airframe & powerplant mechanic certification, also worked as a motorcycle mechanic, electronics tech, and computer analyst. I've had a couple of sailboats with diesel auxiliery engines, and taken a diesel maintenance course at a community college. I bought the car to commute back and forth to our current sailboat which will be about 200 miles from our home, in the Puget Sound. The sailboat has a 40 hp Yanmar diesel, which is a truely amazing powerplant! The car is in great shape and was owned by two longtime TDI clubbers, before me. I've already realized that I didn't receive the Anti-theft radio code, or the Immobilizer Secret Key Code, which may pose challenges. From what I can tell so far...it looks like it's probably equipped with the immobilizer 3, and I hoping to be able to discover the SKC.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! The anti theft radio code should be on a business card in the dash or in the owner's manual. It's handy to have and the dealer should give it to you for free. The SKC, the dealer cannot give because they never see it. You shouldn't need it unless you want new keys, see the immo FAQ if you wish to dig deeper.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts