VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hi everyone, I have been reading posts from various members for awhile and thought it was time to join. I am enjoying playing with my 2001 Jetta TDI and can appreciate all the help I have received from the members. I am just getting started on doing mods.
I removed the EGR cooler, made some block off plates, modified the EGR Valve by porting the bore and removing the internals. I wanted to keep the shudder valve functional. I built a complete 2.5" 304 stainless exhaust from the turbo to the rear with no muffler or CAT. Installed Bosio Sprint 520 nozzles.
The car rides on 17" Konig Tantrums during the summer. I installed Energy Suspension Urethane Bushings front and rear. This really tightened up the ride. Drilled rotors. Engine block heater for these WI winters. A glove box repair thanks to a guy on a forum that did a super job with instructions.
Next I am looking at buying the VagCom to get more indepth. I contacted a few people with VagCom's within reasonable distance but they didn't have the experince to do the indepth adjustments I would like to do. I figure it would be best to learn and play with this on my own time.
The odometer reads 205,000 and going strong.

I hope to add some details and pics of the EGR mod (works great) and the hand made exhaust.

Todd

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! You won't be disappointed in buying VCDS. It's a great tool. Not sure which indepth adjustment you're interested in since if someone has VCDS they could just let you do it.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adjustment I want to do first is the injection timing and quantity. Just to be able to diagnose any issues. From everything I have read, any performance work tends to involve the VCDS at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts