VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a project car. This is going to be my daily commuter. It is a 98 NB TDI with 135K on the clock. Since I don't have any of the records, I am in the process of doing the TB. Lot's of fun, well, at least I know it will be done. Rented the tools from Marquett Automotive in PA. The only thing that it looks like I have forgotten are the 1 time use bolts. I think I will have to spend a mint with VW to get them. I might be able to order them on line and pay for next day service for less. There are a lot of little things still wrong with the car so it may nickle and dime me to death. However, now I can pay for it with all my saving from my fuel usage. The TB write up is exemplary. Keep up the good work!!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
welcometomyturbodies
FYI, if you just want to button up the car there's no harm in putting it back together and leaving it like that. Then replace the bolts one at a time when you get the new bolts. It's best to support the engine when doing this so that the mount is in a neutral position and not hanging down. It's more likely to strip the aluminum motor mount if the bolts are stressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information, and the tips. I have been really impressed with the support here. I think that I will do as you suggest. Do I need to replace any of the Pulley bolts??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. I would hate for that to happen. All my hard work would go to waste. You guys are awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts