VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just picked up my 2011 Golf TDI yesterday, loving it so far, but have one issue.

The dealer had found me a car with my options, upgraded stereo, sunroof and navigation but the car was seriously delayed in delivery. So the dealer found another with the 'same' options in MA and traded for it. Dealer confirmed with me 4 times that the car had the same options. Of course not till i signed the paperwork and got it home did I notice the Dynaudio trim was missing from the speakers, turns out the car doesn't have that option.

Called Dealer and they admitted they made a mistake and offered me the money for the option back and said it was impossible to simply upgrade the existing system to the Dynaudio system. I called another dealer in CT and they confirmed the story of the stereo being nearly impossible to upgrade.

Anyone have any idea if I'm stuck with the stock stereo? They won't take the car back as its already in my name and won't consider upgrading the stereo. Maybe legal action? Not sure if that would get me anywhere. I love the car and the stock stereo isn't bad actually, but wasn't what I was told I was getting.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Sorry to hear that but they are correct. I haven't looked into the particulars but in all past premium radios, the wiring is different. It's very difficult - they would have to remove the door paneling, carpeting to get to it. It's been done but there are no OEM VW parts, they would have to replace the entire chassis wiring harness. People who add this stuff run their own retrofit wiring.

If you want to pursue this, park the car and call your attorney today. A letter from an attorney will show them you're serious. Otherwise ask for a comp in writing in addition to the difference in the price.

It might be useful to move this to the mk6 section so post moved and title edited to be more descriptive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts