VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a Skoda Octavia (110 Tdi) which is really a VW under the clothing.
I currently have some major VNT overboosting issues though which is really causing me some grief.
I found a great article on this forum for repairing the turbo though, hence my reason for joining

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The newer Octavia is practically a Jetta with a hatchback (not like the Golf's hatchback). The first time I sat in one I couldn't believe how close it was, even down to the dashboard and knobs. There were some differences though - it didn't have the pull out armrest or sunvisors.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jules. welcometomyturbodies
VAG wants to sell millions of cars,
That isn't what I'm told. In the UK we can have anything between 4 and 7 months build/delivery times. I asked why do it take so long to build and deliver a car? They said they can build them faster but VW don't want a mass of Golfs on the roads as it looks like they are cheap and common.

Considering there is supposed to be a world recession (bull) I would have thought the would have made the cars quicker else customers will go to other dealers if the have to wait months and months. I was told 3 months waiting list when I ordered mine then after 2 months they rang me and told me it would be delayed another month because of the demand for the scappage scheme so I waited 4 months for mine. Luckily I wasn't desperate and I still had a perfect car that was taxed and tested. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.